The Hunt

Royce Piedmont Academy is a high school for the supernaturally gifted. Situated high in the mountains, it holds more secrets than the students that attend there. Enroll today!

Re: The Hunt

Postby Hakase » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:36 pm

No part of Mera fully sympathized with her discomfort--apart from isolated incidents when his emotions were at (or jumped to) an all-time high, embarrassment at others' nudity rarely bothered him...with his own never giving him trouble--but he'd been part of society long enough to understand why she wanted to be dressed. "Nothing that'll fit the new you without alterations", he informed her, opening a portal and pulling out an extra-large lab coat, which he handed to her, "but this'll do until I can get you in contact with Nico."

At the same time, he frowned at her first piece of information; the lab was supposed to be sealed off after that incident with Jutakae. Looker, I or Arc need to review damage assessments for the Invasion, he transmitted quietly, specifically, anything that might've hit deep enough to reach the old lab.
Nintendo 3DS FC: 4012-4835-6691
Current Cast
"Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart." ~Sho Minamimoto
Hakase

Postby The Passerby » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:14 pm

"On it!"

...data uplink was complete. Both Mera and Arc would receive data in the form of assessments and floor plans, damage readings...

"Yeah, the damage done from the battle during that little scuffle with the Cytharians damaged a LOT of the Academy... and that includes the run-down garbage laboratory. The only possibility I can think of in this situation is that whatever's skulking around may have been one of Miss Rogers's subjects... but that's just this Beholder's opinion. Anything else you need, Mr. Kai~?"
The Passerby

Active RPs/Fictions: Royce Piedmont High
Projects: Inheritors of Paracelsus, Postapocalyptic, misc. RPs

Postby Xenotaris » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:37 am

Yui gripped the jacket tightly to her body as she leans over to Mera, "Well we can sniff out this ummm monster your looking for?"
"Life will find a way" Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park

Character page: viewtopic.php?f=113&t=3332&p=30139#p30143
Xenotaris

Active RPs/Fictions: New Beginnings, Royce Piedmont Academy
Projects: Making several fan games on RPG Maker VX ACE

Postby Hakase » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:46 am

The redhead placed an arm around Yui, trying to offer her some degree of normalcy and comfort after what happened to her; the lab coat, made with the same fibers that allow the therian-issued uniforms to calm their wearers without drugging them, could offer so much assistance in that regard. "Much as I'd wanna tell you not to because of the danger, we could use the help and can't really leave until we figure out what happened to 'im", he informed her, "and my acquired memories say that Atheraks are supposed to be higher-tier than Cytharians anyways; if you're willing to assist us..."

He portals in a chunk of the flesh left above, holding it where Yui and the surrounding parasites could examine it. "...then you may need something to track it by; surveillance confirms the critter we're chasing was wearing this as a full-body disguise. If we find 'im, we engage together."
Current Cast
Hakase

Postby Culus Malum » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:05 pm

"Assuming it's still down here." Arc commented, having moved through the portal at last, though he didn't drop the cloaking field. "We know there are at least two entrances now, and that it can apparently make more without much trouble."
Culus Malum

Postby Xenotaris » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:24 pm

Yui sniffs the flesh with her tentacles, Ka'nana's mind becomes the dominate personality "Flesh, scent strange. Cytharian mockery of former human flesh? No, It different but yet same? We send feelers to scout, they need hosts for this hunt. Fear not, Ka'nana promise not to take human host. We let girl speak to you now" Ka'nana allows Yui's personality to become dominate "Don't worry, Ka'nana will only take non-sapient life forms as hosts...for the time being"

Xenotaris

Postby Hakase » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:17 am

The look the redhead gave Yui--and, by extension, Ka'nana--was more sympathetic than judgemental. "We'll come back to that", he informed the two, "after we deal with the current threat. For now, while I'm willing to trust your words, I can assure you that we haven't spotted any sentient life for you to take down here; this place was supposed to be sealed off, but it seems outright demolition might be required. That said..."

Here, he opens a portal and snatches out a rat, closing the entryway in a process that takes more time to describe than witness; he repeats this process until he has a half-dozen trapped and squirming by their tails. "These should help", he offered. "They're wild--two male, four female--and guaranteed to be more maneuverable than nearly anything else that might've slipped down here after that last attack."
Current Cast
Hakase

Postby Xenotaris » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:32 am

Ka'nana motions Yui's head forwards as if giving the parasites a mental command while whipping her back tentacles idly, the smaller parasites quickly slither up to the rats before burrowing in to their spines; taking control of their nervous systems. The six rats began to under go a transformation as the parasites release mutagens into their system making the rats grow thrice their original size, their teeth become razor sharp and reptilian, in place of fingernails and toenails are claws, the rats shed their fur in favor of thick hide, their tails become longer and now end with a four prong hook. "Atherak Seekers, they have become" Ka'nana smirked using Yui's lips, "Take one. Obedient they are, they are extension of this one's will"

Xenotaris

Postby Culus Malum » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:47 am

"Pet Tyranid Gaunts. Just what I always wanted." Arc commented dryly on the transformation that the rats underwent.
Culus Malum

Postby Hakase » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:13 am

Mera seemed oddly unperturbed by the rats' metamorphosis, with only one dark part of his mind quite fascinated by the parasitic similarities between Cytharians and Atheraks...but nothing the redhead saw any need to voice aloud. "Alright, between our nanites and your seekers, we should be able to find some sign of this creep; give a signal when you pick up a recent scent and we'll all meet there."

The search was admittedly easier than it seemed, with both stronger scent and newer residue leading the three to the exact same place: a deep impact crater that led up to the outskirts of the Survival Grounds...though the trail grew cold here.

"Unbelievable", the chimera muttered as all attempts to pick up the trail were met in failure. "This guy's deadly and smart; most of this forest remains uncharted territory for one reason or another, meaning he could effectively hide from us forever. All things considered, we're gonna be forced to call this a loss until next time. Ka'nana, Kanzaki, I need to ask you both to come with me for the remainder of the night; the Academy's clinic closed hours ago, meaning my resources are the next best thing. Arc, unless you're busy, I'd like to ask you to help Looker review that footage in depth and see if we can find some way to track this asshat before he strikes again." His eyes narrowed on the darkness of the forest. "I don't like being at a clear disadvantage; we'll also need to report all this to the Principal and VP in the morning..."
Current Cast
Hakase

Previous

Return to Royce Piedmont Academy